About this walk
This walk follows part of the Kiama Coast Walk.
It takes about 6 hours to complete the full 19 kilometre walk, with plenty of breaks and photography stops.
A brisk walker can do this much faster, but consider that there's a lot to see along the way.
Getting there and back
Get the train to Gerringong using transportnsw.info. Plan your return trip from Kiama at transportnsw.info.
Along the way
From Geringong Station follow Belinda Street all the way to a cemetary and reserve on the coast.
From the cemetary follow Tasman Drive down to the start of Werri Beach.
Follow the beach to the lagoon at the other side.
After wet weather it may be nessecary to wade across. It is rare more than knee deep.
The trail through the grassland on the other side is marked clearly and often as the Kiama Coastal Walk.
Along the way signs explain the history of the region.
The trail crosses a rocky beach and creek along the way. Be careful on slippery rocks.
On the other side of the the second rocky beach the trail continues on the grass between the houses and the bay.
After the next headland the trail crosses East Beach and again follows the grass between the houses and the sea.
On the other side of the headland a small reserve indicated the location of the Little Blow Hole.
From the Little Blow Hole, follow the street right to the next headland.
Cross Kendalls Beach and Surf Beach the same way. The Kiama Blowhole should be evident in the distance.
A paved path leads along the coast to the Kiama Blow Hole and tourist information.
After visiting the blow hole, follow the road to the shops and train station.
What to bring
- Check the national parks website for possible detours, closures and restrictions.
- Install an OpenStreetMap app for Android or iOS and preload the area.
- Download the GPS data if your device can import it.
- Print out this map and get a better one from a visitor information centre if possible.
- Be sure to leave enough charge in your phone's battery for emergency calls.
- Bring plenty of water, comfortable shoes, a hat and SPF 30 sunscreen.
- Also bring a light windbreaker/raincoat in case you get caught out in the rain.