About this walk
This walk follows part of the Kiama Coast Walk.
It takes about 3 hours to complete the full 9 kilometre walk, with plenty of breaks and photography stops.
A brisk walker can do this much faster, but consider that there's a lot to see along the way.
Getting there and back
Plan your return trip from Minnamurra at transportnsw.info. Get the train to Kiama using transportnsw.info.
Along the way
From the station follow the road to the river's edge and to the right from the intersection.
Along the road are several reserves. The last one James Oates Reserve connects to the headland.
Along the headland follow the signs for the Kiama Coastal walk.
Follow the path along the headland and down to the beach on the other side.
At the end of the beach follow Cliff Drive past the Cathedral Rocks.
At the end fo the drive the road turns into a narrow footpath to Bombo Beach.
Follow the beach, cross the lagoon, and find the path up under the rail bridge.
Follow the roads closest to the ocean along the headland.
On the other side of the headland, Blowhole Point and the lighthouse will be visible across the bay.
Follow the path around the harbour to visit the lighhouse and blowhole.
Along the road from the lighthouse back to the shops, follow Railway Pde on the left to the station.
What to bring
- Check the national parks website for possible detours, closures and restrictions.
- Install an OpenStreetMap app for Android or iOS and preload the area.
- Download the GPS data if your device can import it.
- Print out this map and get a better one from a visitor information centre if possible.
- Be sure to leave enough charge in your phone's battery for emergency calls.
- Bring plenty of water, comfortable shoes, a hat and SPF 30 sunscreen.
- Also bring a light windbreaker/raincoat in case you get caught out in the rain.