About this walk
Part of this walk covers Wyrrabalong National Park.
It takes about 4 hours to complete the full 15 kilometre walk, with plenty of breaks and photography stops.
A brisk walker can do this much faster, but consider that there's a lot to see along the way.
Getting there and back
Get the train to Gosford and then a bus to The Entrance using transportnsw.info. Plan your return trip from Terrigal at transportnsw.info.
Along the way
From The Entrance follow the footpath along the shore.
The path continues past the rockpools' carpark.
At the end of the footpath continue along the beach.
Follow Shelly Beach to the holiday park on the far side.
Take the road up from the holiday park and follow the footpath to the headland.
Follow the bushtrail along the headland overlooking the Bateau Bay Beach.
Cross the reserve around Bateau Bay Beach and follow the Coast Track to Crackneck Lookout.
Cross the reserve at Crackneck Lookout to the gated firetrail on the other end.
From the trailhead at Crackneck Lookout follow the signs to Wyrrabalong Lookout.
Follow the firetrail out of the park past the radio tower.
From the park entrance follow the road past Forrester Beach to Spoon Bay Beach.
Take the path down from the headland onto Spoon Bay Beach
Follow the beach to the bus stop behind the Terrigal Surf Club at the far end.
What to bring
- Check the national parks website for possible detours, closures and restrictions.
- Install an OpenStreetMap app for Android or iOS and preload the area.
- Download the GPS data if your device can import it.
- Print out this map and get a better one from a visitor information centre if possible.
- Be sure to leave enough charge in your phone's battery for emergency calls.
- Bring plenty of water, comfortable shoes, a hat and SPF 30 sunscreen.
- Also bring a light windbreaker/raincoat in case you get caught out in the rain.