September to November and March to May: Spring (September to November) and Autumn (March to May) are also good times to visit Melbourne courtesy the pleasant weather . It is a good time to explore the city on foot or on a bike and enjoy picnics, barbeques and more in any of the beautiful parks here.
What is the coldest month in Melbourne?
Melbourne’s top temperatures are usually in January and February. Those months are often dry, with hot spells and cooling afternoon breezes off Port Phillip Bay. June and July are the coldest months and October is the wettest.
What is the best month to go to Australia?
September to November & March to May are best time to visit Australia. Most of the tourists opt for these months to visit Australia. The weather during these seasons is neither too hot nor too cold that makes it perfect to have a walk around Australia.
How many days do you need to see Melbourne?
If it is your first time visiting the city, you’ll find it is entirely possible to experience Melbourne in three days, although 5 days is ideal. What is this? Here’s an itinerary to work with to see as much of the city in as little time as possible.
What month in Melbourne has the highest temperature?
Despite the generally cool daytime temperatures during spring, there were some warm days; the highest daily maximum temperature in Greater Melbourne this season was 32.7 °C at Laverton RAAF on 30 November; on that day all reporting sites recorded their highest daily maximum temperature for the season.
What is Melbourne summer like?
Melbourne warms up in summer with mean temperatures between 14 – 25.3°C (57.2 – 77.5°F). These months are dry, with occasional hot spells that can last more than three days. Melbourne’s top temperatures are usually in January and February, when temperatures can occasionally soar past 30°C (86°F).
What is the hottest month in Australia?
The hottest months in Australia are therefore December, January and February. In these months, you might like to head south to escape the heat. The coldest months are June, July and August – a perfect time to explore up north.
What is the cheapest month to fly to Australia?
1. When is the cheapest time to fly? The lowest season generally for flying to Australia is from mid April until late June. This is late autumn/early winter Down Under, and so may not suit your plans unless you are headed to the north of the country.
What month has most rain?
His conclusion is that June is, overall, most frequently the wettest month in the U.S. with 2,053 of the 8,535 sites reporting such. April, at the other end of the spectrum, reports only 76 sites of the 8,535 as their wettest month.
Is April a good month to go to Australia?
Visiting Australia in April – May
Roads open up across the region, improving access to more remote locations. With plenty of sunshine and much less rain than the summer months, April is one of our most recommended times to visit the south.
What can you do in Melbourne in 3 days?
What to do in Melbourne in 3 days
- Check out the Melbourne Coop’s Shot Tower. What is a shot tower, you ask? …
- Eat up at Queen Victoria Market. …
- Marvel at the Dome in the State Library. …
- See the Brighton Bathing Boxes. …
- Venture out to St. …
- Drink on a floating bar. …
- Visit a rooftop bar. …
- Check out the Block Arcade.
What can you do in Melbourne for 7 days?
Melbourne Itinerary: 7 Days in the City
- Day 1 – Feel the Essence of Melbourne.
- Wander the Gardens.
- Federation Square & ACMI.
- Discover Melbourne’s Street Art.
- Day 4 – Museums and Galleries.
- Day 5 – Browse Melbourne’s Suburbs.
- Day 6 – Trip to Brighton.
- Day 7 – Explore St Kilda.
How do I plan a trip to Melbourne?
My Melbourne Itinerary for 4-7 Days
- Day 1: Laneway eateries and ALL the coffee.
- Day 2: Sporting Tours & A taste of culture.
- Day 3: World-class shopping and High Rolling.
- Day 4: Day trip to the coast – or the mountains!
- Day 5: Seaside relaxation in St Kilda.
- Day 6: Hang out with Australian furry friends.
How bad is Melbourne weather?
Melbourne has the most disgustingly coldest weather in Australia. We get 9 months of winter 1 month of summer and 2 months of autumn with no spring whatsoever. It is extremely windy and dry. … Its cold for no more than 5 months of the year and sunny warm days are quite common.
Where can I see autumn in Melbourne?
Top Eight Places To See Spectacular Autumn Colours In Melbourne
- Fitzroy Gardens. Melbourne’s Fitzroy Gardens is awash with falling leaves and Autumn colours. …
- Carlton Gardens. …
- Alfred Nicholas Memorial Gardens. …
- Fawkner Park. …
- Ardrie Park. …
- Royal Botanic Gardens. …
- Cloudehill Nursery and Garden. …
- Bright Autumn Festival.
How many days of sunshine does Melbourne get?
Number of Sunny Days
|City||Sunny||Total Days With Sun|
|Newcastle, New South Wales||79||220|
|Perth, Western Australia||144||265|