Western Australia is incredibly vast and diverse; as the largest state, it covers nearly one-third of the country. From baffling rock formations and ancient Aboriginal sites to sweeping green vineyards of world-class wineries and unbelievably clear ocean waters, Western Australia is the land of endless exploration.
What is unique to Western Australia?
Besides that, Western Australia also has the following: the country’s largest gold mine, Australia’s oldest operating gold bullion mint, the world’s largest producer of pearls, and the world’s largest diamond producers by volume.
What is Perth best known for?
Perth is the capital city of Western Australia, with a population of about 1.4 million people, and is famous for being the most isolated city in the world, completely surrounded by Australian nature: the Indian Ocean on one side and the Australian outback on the other.
What are three interesting facts about Western Australia?
15 of the biggest (and baddest) facts about Western Australia
- Perth (WA’s capital) is the most isolated city in the world, with its closest city being Adelaide and that’s over 2,200 km away. …
- It boasts over 12,500 km of coastline. …
- If WA were to be a country in its own right, it would be in the world’s top 10 for size.
Why is Perth unique?
There’s a long list of things that makes Perth Mint unique: it has the world’s biggest collection of investment gold bars, it’s Australia’s only precious metals refinery and it’s home to a one-tonne gold coin, the largest and most valuable coin in the world.
What does Perth WA stand for?
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Western Australia. State.
What are 10 interesting facts about Western Australia?
10 things you never knew about Perth, Australia
- It has the largest inner-city park in the world. …
- Perth is closer to Bali in Indonesia than Canberra, Australia. …
- It’s the world’s largest producer of bling. …
- The only place in the world you can find quokkas. …
- Perth gets more sunshine than any other Australian capital.
What are some fun facts about Perth?
5 facts about Perth!
- Perth’s old name is Boorloo.
- The sunniest city in the world!
- It has Australia’s oldest mint.
- 5000 years ago, you could have walked to Rottnest Island instead of taking the ferry.
- It has the largest number of millionaires in the world (per capita).
What animals are unique to Western Australia?
How to Find Amazing Western Australian Native Animals
- Bottlenose Dolphins.
- Whale Sharks.
- The Little Penguin.
- Australian Sea Lions.
What attracts people to Perth?
The beaches of Perth are a main attraction, and ideal for swimming and all kinds of water sports. Scuba diving and snorkeling are particularly popular, and many surfers will be found in the waters as well. The Perth City Beach is nearby Floreat and perfect for bathing and relaxing in the sun.