About this walk
The route to follow
Download the GPS route at near as a GPX file to your navigation software and GPS devices. It takes about hours to complete the full kilometre walk, but plan extra for plenty of breaks and photography stops.
Getting there and back
Along the way
What to bring
- Check the national parks website for possible detours, closures and restrictions.
- Install an OpenStreetMap app for Android or iOS and preload the area.
- Download the GPS data if your device can import it.
- Print out this map and get a better one from a visitor information centre if possible.
- Be sure to leave enough charge in your phone's battery for emergency calls.
- Bring plenty of water, comfortable shoes, a hat and SPF 50 sunscreen.
- Also bring a light windbreaker/raincoat in case you get caught out in the rain.