About this walk
This walk follows part of the Grand Pacific Drive.
It takes about 5 hours to complete the full 20 kilometre walk, but plan extra for plenty of breaks and photography stops. Consider that there's a lot to see along the way.
Getting there and back
Along the way
What to bring
- Check the national parks website for possible detours, closures and restrictions.
- Install an OpenStreetMap app for Android or iOS and preload the area.
- Download the GPS data if your device can import it.
- Print out this map and get a better one from a visitor information centre if possible.
- Be sure to leave enough charge in your phone's battery for emergency calls.
- Bring plenty of water, comfortable shoes, a hat and SPF 30 sunscreen.
- Also bring a light windbreaker/raincoat in case you get caught out in the rain.