About this walk
This walk follows the Bullawarring walking track in Heathcote National Park.
It takes about 4 hours to complete the full 11 kilometre walk,
but plan extra for plenty of breaks and photography stops.
Consider that there's a lot to see along the way.
Getting there and back
Get the train to Waterfall using transportnsw.info. Plan your return trip from Heathcote at transportnsw.info.
Along the way
From the station exit go right across the overpass.
Turn right down Warabin Street.
At the end of Warabin Street pass the gate to the firetrail.
Follow the signs down the Bullawarring Track.
Descend one of the paths down the cliffs and rejoin the trail at the bottom.
At the intersection with a bushtrail, follow the directions to the Kingfisher Pool.
A trail marker indicates the track continuing from the Kingfisher Pool camp site.
At the intersection with the Mooray track, follow the Bullawarring Track to Lake Eckersley.
Keep following the Bullawarring Track to Lake Eckersley at the intersection with the Goanna Track.
At the causeway, cross the creek and follow the Pipeline Trail right.
Follow the Pipeline Trail past the Mirang Pool.
Cross the pipeline at the pedestrian bridge and follow the sign to Heathcote Station.
The Friendly Track up the gully ends at a scout camp.
From the scout camp follow Freeman Road to the right.
Turn left and continue down Boundary Road.
At the intersection turn right down Oliver Street.
Continue to the shops and turn left at the Princess Highway.
Use the pedestrian bridge to cross the highway.
The pedestrian bridge leads directly into Heathcote Station.
What to bring
- Check the national parks website for possible detours, closures and restrictions.
- Install an OpenStreetMap app for Android or iOS and preload the area.
- Download the GPS data if your device can import it.
- Print out this map and get a better one from a visitor information centre if possible.
- Be sure to leave enough charge in your phone's battery for emergency calls.
- Bring plenty of water, comfortable shoes, a hat and SPF 30 sunscreen.
- Also bring a light windbreaker/raincoat in case you get caught out in the rain.